OK, so for Mother Music with a capital M, this was truly an Annus Horribilis.
So many greats passed away, from Lemmy to the one and only David Bowie, they are too many to be named. Or may be not too many:
Anyway I made two mixes this year. The first one is an impromptu mix that I made live (like all years except 2015), which doesn’t mean there was a crowd, but that I mixed it on virtual turntables without alterations later on.
I. The MIX
This year the first attempt is what I am publishing. It does have a fair share of errors and I still think beat matching is for sissies. A lot of it is composed out of stuff I found somewhere, sometimes a few years back and not available as records or downloads. It’s charging pretty hard for the most part, so save it for when you want to dance.
Tracklist the FY2016 Mix:
- Cowboys from Hell: Pantera
- I’m afraid of Americans (Nine Inch Nails Remix): David Bowie
- Ketamin for Breakfast: Kate Tempest
- Never had the Time (Saschienne Remix): Who made Who
- Miss Mars: 80kidz
- Wayfarer (Plus Move Remix): Kavinsky
- C’Mon Sunshine (Orginal Mix): Sir Bed & Sir Go
- Always More (Yuksek Remix): Autokratz
- C2C Vs. Daft Punk Vs Justice Mashup & Remix: X-Banana
- 2099: Plus Move
- Alive/Intergalactic Daft Science Remix: Coins
- Oh! You Pretty Things: David Bowie
- So fine (Plus Move Remix): Ready Fire Aim
- Trouble: Thunderbird Gerard
- Moonlight: Mellow
- The Rush: Egokind
- Hey Sunshine (Antonio Giacca Remix): Sugarstarr feat. Alexander
- Meltdown: Ghostpoet
- Thirteen Thirty-five: Dillon
II. The Playlist
The second one is a playlist on Spotify and has a few faves that I listened to a lot this year. It’s a lot softer than the mix. This one is safe for work.
Oh and 2016, here is what I have to say to you: